Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Introducing Britannia!





Hello, I’m Britannia. A creative, enthusiast, silly, and free spirited teacher here at FVFS. Along with my boundless energy, I have a wealth of experience and enthusiasm to share. I have worked with children from many different walks of life and some with a wide spectrum of special needs. I have taught subjects from Aesthetics to French Language to Art to Team Building. I’m not afraid to jump right in and go for it, and that’s part of the reason why I love being here so much.
I have been inspired to work with children for as long as I can remember. Coming from a family of educators, it was a natural fit for me to consider becoming an elementary school teacher, yet ever since completing my practicum in the public system I realized that I did not see eye to eye with it. Since then, I began searching for a school where the students were given a personalized education. Where learning involved the students interest and where students could flourish and be in control of their education. Unschooling was something new to me but something I quickly took an interest in. As I embarked on this new journey I quickly realized how rewarding teaching in an unschooled environment could be. I was no longer the teacher teaching a class but more of a guide for my students to craft their own educational voyage. I can proudly and enthusiastically say that educating has never been more fascinating, creative and individualized than at the Fraser Valley Free School.


Britannia bravely confronting her fear of snakes...with some support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.